MrsDresden

Bibliophile on Parade

Since I was a kids books have been the center of my life. The first book I ever really wanted to own was a copy of Dracula. My mother said no (I was eight). Since then I collected over 1700 books and with the e-reader I have downloaded over 300 more. I own 32 different copies of Dracula, 16 copies of Jane Eyre, and 7 copies of Shadows of the Wind. Even though I own an e-reader, it will diminish my desire to own and collect books. The smell of old is so enticing to me. If Frebreeze ever wanted to make a killing off of me they would create Old Book scent. Pure heaven.

A Child's Voice, No Matter How Honest, is Often Ignored.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel - Neil Gaiman

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman is the tale of a man who returns to his hometown and ends up getting lost in the memory of the day his world was turned upside down.  When he discovered that monsters are real, magic cannot save us all, and sometimes our parents do not always have the answers or believe what we see to be true.

If you wish to truly get the best benefit of this novel, read it first, then check out the audio book (read by Gaiman), it is a true treat.