MrsDresden

Bibliophile on Parade

Since I was a kids books have been the center of my life. The first book I ever really wanted to own was a copy of Dracula. My mother said no (I was eight). Since then I collected over 1700 books and with the e-reader I have downloaded over 300 more. I own 32 different copies of Dracula, 16 copies of Jane Eyre, and 7 copies of Shadows of the Wind. Even though I own an e-reader, it will diminish my desire to own and collect books. The smell of old is so enticing to me. If Frebreeze ever wanted to make a killing off of me they would create Old Book scent. Pure heaven.

True Love

Velveteen Rabbit - Margery Williams

I have a teddy bear that I have had for years named Daniel.  He is my Velveteen Rabbit.  My constant companion, sitting silently on my bed.  Listening to problems, cuddling with me on bad nights, or traveling the world with me (never leave home with out him), he is always there when I need him.

Okay now that you know way too much about that, The Velveteen Rabbit is a beautifully written story about a young boy and his bond with his stuffed rabbit.  This story will break your heart and make you smile all in the same moment.  I promise you will look at your favorite toy in a whole new light.